This is not an exhaustive list but it’s safe there’s plenty to miss about being on campus after a whole year of fighting COVID-19.
- The sense of pride and camaraderie.
- Having lunch at the student union.
- Napping on the quad, mall, amphitheater, etc.
- A full classroom, especially in a collaborative environment
- Running between classes.
- Being able to go to events.
- Going to hang out at a friend’s dorm room.
- Ambient general noise in the dorm room. It’s super quiet now.
- Parents’ weekend.
- In person office hours
It’s amazing how much we took this for granted now that these situations are no longer a common occurrence. Hopefully we can find some sort of normalcy after this whole pandemic is over.