Now that you’ve decided what you’re doing for July 4th and it’s some sort of get together with friends any family, it’s time to check out some festive recipes for the occasion.
Here is a list of our favorite Independence Day eats:
- Patriotic Pasta– Lasagna anyone? This isn’t your typical BBQ dish, but you can prep before everyone comes over and all you have to do is pop the tray in the oven. You’ll be left with an American flag dish of yumminess!
- Firecracker Dogs– So you didn’t buy fireworks this year? No worries, this dish may not light up in the sky but your stomach will be happy after.
- Colorful Deviled Eggs– Deviled eggs are always a great party staple so why not add a little food coloring to make them even more of a crowd pleaser?
- Red, White & Blue Salsa– When you think of salsa you probably don’t think of strawberries, blueberries and jicama, but take a risk and take a fun twist on a traditional appetizer!
- Pop, Pop, Pop– No, those aren’t the sounds of firecrackers, that is your delicious, patriotic popcorn dish! It’s amazing what a transformation a couple of colored candy melts can make.
- Sweet BBQ- That barbecue of yours isn’t just for burgers and hot dogs. Try an inventive grilled strawberry shortcake skewer recipe, finished off with a blueberry glaze.
- Patriotic Pretzels– Dipped pretzels are all the rage right now when it comes to easy and fun desserts at parties. Have some friends over to help you decorate and get creative!
- Berry Fun– This recipe is delicious, easy and even a little bit healthy. You won’t need to supply plates or utensils, but you may want to make enough for everyone to have seconds!