A Featured Blog Post By Hannah Kalmes A Student @ Iowa State University
Is your week dragging on too much? Classes getting you down? Stressing out? Sick of this weather?
Have no fear – your Thursday pic’ me up is here! Here are 3 surefire ways to lift your spirits. Hopefully the following things will help cheer you up until the weekend comes around again (it’s almost here!).
- Go for a walk outside. Fresh air is a great way to clear your mind and make you feel more invigorated.
- Go to a class at your school’s rec center. Most schools offer a variety of fitness classes, so grab a friend and get moving!
- Go run errands. Getting out of your apartment/dorm and checking things off your to-do list will help to make you feel more accomplished and boost your mood.
- Hang out with friends, go see a movie, go read. Do anything you enjoy – changing your environment can have a big impact on changing your mood.
- Breeeeeathe, just breathe (Thanks for that one, Anna Nalick). Inhale for 5-6 seconds, hold for 3, and then exhale for 4-5 seconds. Yoga breathing is a great way to calm you so you can feel instantly more relaxed.
- Have a nice brew. Brewed tea, that is. There are hundreds of teas out there to help calm your nerves and reduce your stress levels. Some of the best calming ingredients include chamomile, passionflower, lavender, valerian and hawthorne.
- Meditate. Meditation relieves stress by forcing you to focus on the present and releasing toxic thoughts and emotions. Meditating for just a few minutes can greatly improve your mood and alleviate stress. For more info, check out this article: http://www.mayoclinic.org/meditation/ART-20045858.
Hope this post left you a tad more uplifted!
(C) All Rights Reserved To Dorm Room Movers, LLC.