Super Bowl XLIX is just a few weeks away so that means it’s probably time to start planning the most important part of your Super Bowl party…the FOOD! Who doesn’t love a good spread while watching the game?
We understand that living in a dorm leaves you with minimal cooking resources and that it can be extremely difficult to find dorm friendly delicious recipes, so we’ve rounded up some of the coolest and best Super Bowl snacks for you….
- Queso blanco dip– Queso (cheese) dip is probably one of the easiest dips to make so try and switch it up this time using a white cheese. You can also add extra peppers to make it hotter and even shredded rotisserie chicken for some added protein!
- Bbq meatballs– Wait you’ve never made homemade meatballs in the microwave? Well we haven’t either, but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth a try! These juicy meatballs are great for a larger party, just add toothpicks in each one so people don’t get too messy around your room.
- Fresh Salsa and Chips– Forget the pre made stuff in a jar. You will get ooh’s and ah’s out of your guests if you prepare a fresh homemade salsa. Salsa’s just take a little chopping and mixing, providing a quick snack.
- Avocado BLT– One word: WOW. This provides all the stuff you think of when you watch football: bacon, bacon and more bacon. Why use a regular and boring recipe for your BLT when you can do something different? It’s light and refreshing, but still gives you that great BLT taste.
- Buffalo popcorn– It’s not a Super Bowl party without a little buffalo hot sauce. Instead of getting frozen wings and passing them off as your own, try making a unique twist on popcorn this year. It is healthier and you can snack on it all day long.
- Pepperoni pizza panini-You could order a few pizzas and call it a day, but the pizza guy probably won’t be there until at least the first half is over. If you have a panini maker, this is a no brainer. With just a few ingredients and a couple of minutes later, you’ll be done…and it’s not even delivery!
- Sausage and cheddar football bites-This is your replacement for the giant sub you would’ve ordered. Save money, time and over ordering by making little finger sandwiches on crackers. They are football themed and tasty. Who doesn’t love that combination?
- Watermelon football helmet-Oh, you’ve had enough of all of the heavy food? No problem. Combine crafting and eating with this creative dessert idea. You can carve out a watermelon to be the shape of a football helmet and fill it with your fruit of choice.
- Football cookies & cream dip-For all those chocolate lovers, this one is for you. This is pretty much an Oreo blizzard in a dip form and will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.