Home » Shopping For Holiday Gifts On A College Budget
December 18, 2013
Working on a limited supply of funds can really cramp your style when you’ve got friends and family to shop for during the winter months. Fortunately, you’ve still got a enough time to save face by making a worthwhile effort this Holiday Season!
Below are a few gift ideas for college students working around a budget…
FOR THE FOLKS:
- Picture Collage Of You At College: Take a few pics of you at the library, common areas, in your dorm and/or with your new friends. (Just keep it clean!)
- Volunteer To Cook Them Dinner: Treat your family to a night of your best made dish. Who cares if it’s spaghetti, it’s the thought that counts!
- Pay It Forward: Invest in a KIVA.ORG giftcard that you can buy for them on their behalf. Once purchased, you can send it to them electronically and they’re able to select a person they want to donate to. Not only are you investing in someone else’s future for a good cause, it will make your parents feel good about “giving” back throughout the holiday season!
FOR YOUR FRIENDS:
- Caffeine Is A Winner: You can get a gift card to any of the local coffee cafes in your area. Coffee of any type is good coffee. It will come in handy for those late study sessions.
- Movie Night: Select 3-5 of your friends’ favorite movies and set up a time to host a movie marathon with a few of their favorite foods and snacks. It will give you both a break and will make them feel appreciated.
- Treat Them To Eggs: Or whatever they like to eat in the morning. Nothing puts a smile on someones face better than a yummy breakfast. Especially if it involves lots of syrup!
As a Dorm Room Movers author, feel free to add any additional gift ideas that students can make or buy without gritting their teeth and/or over-drafting on their bank account.
Wishing You A Very Merry Holiday Season,
(c) All Rights Reserved To Dorm Room Movers
Be First to Comment