Ah… Spring Break. So close, yet so far away. Whether you live on campus or off—if you’re going home or staying put. No matter what your Spring Break “sitch” may be, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve listed a little something for everyone.
If you are staying put this Spring break (whether you live on campus or off campus nearby), you still have several fun activity opportunities at your disposal. Staycations can be just as fun (if not more so) as a vacation!
If you live on campus: If you’re staying on campus for Spring Break and you don’t have access to a car, here are some ideas for you:
- Declutter – organize your space and try to get rid of unnecessary things. It is called Spring Cleaning for a reason, after all.
- Study – get ahead of the game by doing some light studying. It’s a great time to prep for finals. Future you will definitely thank you for it.
- Socialize – spend some quality time with others. Get to know someone new in your dorm. Who knows, you may have more in common than you think!
- Relax – get plenty of R & R / rest and recuperation. Remember, this time off is intended to be a break.
If you live off campus: If you live off campus and have access to a car, there are tons of things you can do locally. Exciting adventures await!
- Hiking – stimulating for both the mind and body.
- Beach day – fun in the sun has never been wrong.
- Spa day – pamper yourself – you totally deserve it!
If you have time and funds to spare, some affordable and fun Spring Break vacation spots are:
- Cancun – the quintessential destination for Spring Break. Beautiful beaches all day and awesome adventures at night.
- Miami Beach – another very popular vacation choice for Spring Breakers. Tons of shopping, delicious food and gorgeous weather.
- The Bahamas – beautiful just isn’t strong enough a word to describe it. With 700 islands making up the Bahamas, it can be tough to decide which of them to visit.
Sure, it might be kind of last minute, but you still have time to plan an impromptu adventure!
- Camping Trip – get in touch with nature and unplug from all the stress. Just stars, campfires, and smores.
- Ski Trip – who said you can’t enjoy a winter wonderland in the springtime? Whether you ski or snowboard, it’s a great way to spend a couple of days.
We know, we’ve given you a lot to think about – but the choice is ultimately yours. No matter how you choose to spend your Spring Break, just remember to have some fun!